Community Languages Australia
Australian Federation of Ethnic Schools Associations Inc.
It is anticipated that Community Language Schools will benefit from this process which will result in:
- a customised set of elements and pointers for Community Languages Schools,
- external reporting and evaluation practices,
- greater teacher empowerment, commitment and development, and
- an enhanced image and credibility of Community Languages Schools as complementary providers of Languages Education.
Characteristics of a Quality Framework in Schools
- Culture oriented towards learning
- Setting of high standards in teaching and learning
- High professionalism among teachers
- Clear policy framework
- Outstanding educational leadership
- Consistent approach to monitoring and assessment